6th Avenue Roadway Improvements
- Location: Sterling, Illinois
- Client: City of Sterling
- Construction Cost: $889,000
- Scope of Work: Topographic Survey, Roadway Design, Construction Inspection
- Project Schedule: Completed - 2016
- WHA Team: Brian Frickenstein, P.E., S.E., Geoff Smith, P.E., Matt Hansen, P.E., Luke Dixon
Phase I, II & III Services
Willett, Hofmann & Associates, Inc. was hired by the City to prepare plans for 6th Avenue which resulted in its reconstruction from Greenridge Drive to Lynn Boulevard. This was done in conjunction with sanitary sewer replacement and upgrades. The existing roadway was converted from a rural section with ditches to an urban section with curb & gutter, storm sewer and ADA ramps. This project was constructed in anticipation of a new path along 6th Avenue, and a future upgrade to the intersection with Lynn Boulevard.
This project also included improvements to 5th Avenue from Grobe to Folkers and Folkers from 5th to 4th Avenues.