Neponset Elevated Water Storage Tank Painting and Rehabilitation
- Location: Neponset, Illinois
- Client: Village of Neponset
- Construction Cost: $350,000
- Scope of Work: Preparation of the construction drawings, Bidding and Contract Documents, Technical Specifications, Bidding, Award, Construction Observation, and Administration
- Project Schedule: Completed - 2018
- WHA Team: Matt Hansen, P.E., Mike Long, P.E.
Phase II & III Services
Willett, Hofmann & Associates, Inc. was the lead engineering firm for the rehabilitation of a 75,000-gallon elevated water storage tank in the Village of Neponset. The project consisted of a blast removal of the existing interior and exterior paint system to bare metal and the application of a zinc primer and epoxy interior paint system and a zinc primer, polyurethane intermediate, and a high gloss fluoropolymer exterior paint system. Tower repairs were also made which included a new roof safety handrail and painter’s rail, vent replacement, obstruction light, the interior and exterior ladders, roof hatch and riser manway, and installation of steel patch plates in the tank bowl where severe corrosion had occurred.