Peru Street Reconstruction
- Location: Paw Paw, Illinois
- Client: Village of Paw Paw, Illinois
- Construction Cost: $637,000
- Scope of Work: Profile Design, Pavement Design, Sidewalks, Sanitary Sewer, Water Mains, Storm Sewer, Drainage Design, Construction Inspection, Documentation & Layout
- Project Schedule: Completed - 2015
- WHA Team: Michael Hielsberg, P.E., Geoffrey Smith, P.E., Dan Loos, P.E.
Phase I, II & III Services
Willett, Hofmann & Associates, Inc. developed the plan and design for the reconstruction of Peru Street from Chicago Road to Wheeler Street including underground water and sanitary facilities. The existing street had many deficiencies including points of access, sidewalk, and drainage. The underground water and sanitary main facilities were upgraded and the service lines were all replaced, curb and gutter and new storm sewer were also constructed. Points of access were confined to specific locations instead of open access. Sidewalks were upgraded to meet ADA requirements, and appropriate traffic control elements were installed. Local and Federal grant funds were used to construct this project.