- Location: Mount Morris, Illinois
- Client: Pinecrest Community
- Scope of Work: Topographic Survey, Cost Estimates, Plans, Specifications and Contracts, Grading and Drainage, Storm Sewer, Erosion Control Plan, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, Sanitary Sewer System, Architectural Design, Water Distribution System, Construction Staking and Construction Inspection
- Project Schedule: Completed - 2007
- WHA Team: Tom Houck, A.I.A., P.E., LEED AP BD+C, Alan Hulstedt, A.I.A., LEED AP BD+C
Willett, Hofmann & Associates, Inc. designed Pinecrest Grove, the newest planned unit development (PUD) for Pinecrest Community in Mount Morris, Illinois.
Located adjacent to an existing complex, Pinecrest Grove is a 20-acre campus of 42 duplex cottages intended for active adults age 62 and better. The Grove’s busy residents enjoy a 180-seat theatre, Wellness Center, Meditation Garden, a deli-type restaurant, and peaceful walking paths. Residents choose from one or two bedroom cottages with basements and 4-season rooms.
WHA performed the topographical survey and civil site design for the complex. The project included the design of all earthwork, water distribution system, sanitary sewers with lift station, detention ponds, recreational ponds, parking lots including handicapped parking spaces, a walking path and roadways.
WHA provided architectural design for four prototypical cottage types with a total of 40 different plan options to be constructed within the development.