SVCC 1st Floor Renovation
- Location: Dixon, Illinois
- Client: Sauk Valley Community College
- Construction Cost: $943,000
- Scope of Work: Architectural Design - Remodeling/Renovation, Bid and Construction Documents preparation, Bid and Construction Phase Services
- Project Schedule: Completed - 2016
- WHA Team: Tom Houck, A.I.A., P.E., LEED AP BD+C , Alan Hulstedt, A.I.A., LEED AP BD+C
Willett, Hofmann & Associates, Inc. has completed over 75 projects at Sauk Valley Community College over the past 30 years. The most recent project was the design of approximately 12,000 S.F. of renovations to the first floor of the College including new classrooms, a new testing center, a new Business Office, a new Book Store and a new Fitness Center. The new Fitness Center was a joint venture with the YMCA of Dixon and Sterling, Illinois. The project created new more efficiently designed spaces and consolidated functions for greater ease of student access and use and “opened up” views from the interior mall of the building to the south lawn and Rock River. The project additionally included the abatement of asbestos containing materials, upgrades to exterior wall systems and upgrades to HVAC, lighting and controls systems to improve energy efficiencies.