SVCC Nursing Department
- Location: Sauk Valley Community College, Dixon, Illinois
- Client: Sauk Valley Community College
- Scope of Work: Architectural Design Bid and Construction Phase Services
- Project Schedule: Completed - 2017
- WHA Team: Tom Houck, A.I.A., P.E., LEED AP BD+C, Alan Hulstedt, A.I.A, LEED AP BD+C
The Architectural and Engineering Departments of Willett, Hofmann & Associates, Inc. have completed over 75 projects at Sauk Valley Community College over the past 30 years. We recently completed the design of a renovation for the Nursing Program. This 12,000 SF project consisted of 3 phases and 2 contracts, including extensive asbestos abatement, that provided not only upgraded classroom spaces, but also upgraded lab spaces that duplicate typical hospital settings with computer controlled high fidelity patient simulators and one-way mirror glass for instructor observation. The Architectural Department worked extensively with the College’s Nursing Department Staff during the design phase to create and detail the new spaces to be conducive to the instruction program.