Woodhaven Nature Center and Bait Shop
- Location: Sublette, Illinois
- Client: Woodhaven Lakes Association
- Construction Cost: $775,000
- Scope of Work: Topographic Survey, Site Design and Drainage, Architectural Design, Structural Design, Construction Phase Services
- Project Schedule: Completed - 2018
- WHA Team: Tom Houck, A.I.A., P.E., LEED AP BD+C, Alan Hulstedt, A.I.A, LEED AP BD+C, Mike Hielsberg, P.E., Brian Frickenstein, P.E., S.E.
Willett, Hofmann & Associates, Inc. provided Architectural, Structural and Site Design Services for a new 3,600 SF Nature Center and Bait Shop at Woodhaven Association near Sublette, Illinois. The new facility was designed to fit the rustic rural setting and provide interactive interior and exterior educational spaces for the display of local elements of the natural environment. The building also houses the Northern Exposure Bait and Tackle Shop serving the needs of the fisherman at Woodhaven’s seven lakes. The site was designed to accommodate not only typical vehicular traffic but also boat trailer traffic and multiple modes of pedestrian traffic as well.